3/25/08

If only it wasn't in Saskatchewan.

I came across this blog a few months ago. It's done by a group of skate kids in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The other day they posted this about some school they were skating in. I didn't really think too much about it because I figured it was kind of the same deal as the old abandoned school in Phoenix that everyone skated, but then I followed this link to their original post about why they were skating in the school. I realized it wasn't just some abandoned school, but some dude had actually bought the school for the amazingly low price of $55,000 (CAD) and straight moved his family into it! $55,000 is even cheaper than the shit houses Neal, Peter, and I were looking at in Kansas (or Kentucky or wherever the fuck we were on the way to Toronto when Neal picked up a real estate guide), and this is a full on high-school! That has to be the most brilliant purchase ever. This is a link to a newspaper article about the family moving into the school.

1 comment:

Watson said...

Yeah, but did you notice in the newspaper article that the school is in a town of only 420 people. It's about 45 minutes away from a major city. Sort of a bummer.