12/6/07

My Mom took me to Megadeth.

Mustaine showed up beautifully. Whole thing was really tight. My kid is definitely the fan, I was kind of more along for the ride. I'm intensely moved by their skills, but I wouldn't have gone to see Megadeth in the 80's if the fate of the world depended on it. That's a little extreme, I'll admit. I was just more into the less known and less radio friendly shit.

Everyone around us assumed that I was introducing a 13 year old to some throwback from my own past, but the situation was quite opposite to that picture.

There I am with a kid who played every lick in the air, chord by chord, perfectly.....knew every lyric. Oldheads around us were impressed. I was impressed.

The kid's got charisma, that's for fucking sure. I think he found his first groupie. Or she found him. Fucking awesome. Didn't get home till 5 am. He stayed home from school, only to perfect the recap to his friends......"it fuckin ruled!" and "I touched a grown woman's ass!"

No comments: